Comfort Keepers At Home Care Services Experts Attend Greenfield Senior Apartments Flu Clinic
Just another way to help enhance your at home care services knowledge and know-how
Members of our team recently visited a flu clinic in High Grove of Woodland Ridge Senior Apartments, 3940 S Prairie Hill Ln, Greenfield. Besides providing at home care services in Greenfield, we also educate residents about preventing the flu and how to recognize the signs and symptoms of the flu.
Common Flu Symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Fever / Chills
- Muscle / Body Aches
- Vomiting / Diarrhea
As with all types of sickness, the signs and symptoms manifest in everyone differently. It is important for those who are providing at home care services know that most people do not exhibit each and every symptom. Rather, two, three, or four symptoms may sometimes be present. Symptoms often appear differently in children than in adults. For example, children develop nausea, vomiting and diarrhea more often than adults.
Citizens At High-Risk For Flu In Greenfield & Throughout Wisconsin
The people who are most at risk for getting the flu are people with compromised immune systems. No matter the reason, a compromised immune system will open up your susceptibility to all types of malaise.
- People aged 65+ years are at higher risk of contracting the flu. Their bodies aren’t as responsive to outside stimuli as when they were younger.
- Children have not had the time to develop fully-functional immune systems, and, as such, are at higher risk of getting the flu.
- Pregnant women’s bodies are using their energy to support their child, produce milk, and respond to the changes their bodies are undergoing. In order to compensate, their immune systems are lowered.
- People with immune system diseases are more susceptible to contracting the flu because their bodies cannot produce enough antibodies to fight it off as a result of their sicknesses.
- Certain medications (such as Humira and Prednisone) can lower a person’s ability to fight off sickness.
It is advised for elderly citizens, children, pregnant women, people with immune system diseases, and people on certain medications to get a flu shot in order to mitigate their risk. It is also important for those providing at home care services to get a flu shot as well.
Care Whatever Home May Be
From Lake Michigan to North Lake and in between, Comfort Keepers provides essential services for the elderly and disabled adults. Our caregivers come right to your residence, whether it be a house, apartment, senior housing complex, or other housing. Even if you live in a senior housing or assisted living unit, we come to you. If you'd like to learn more about our at home care services, contact us today at (414) 207-6894.
We've been a BBB Accredited Business since 2006!
8505 W Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53228
We provide in-home care services to the following Wisconsin communities: